Friday, March 30, 2012

E) All of the Above

On my drive to work today, I encountered horizontally blowing snow up in Sverresborg where we live, then rain as I headed down the hill, and then hail as I made my way to the marine station.  This occurred all in the span of 5 min. on the road.  The weather forecasters must have a special forecast here called "E) all of the above."  Actually, today was a half sun/cloud day in the local forecast (yr.no) because at some point the sun was expected to peak out.  Mr. Sun did in fact show his lovely visage for moments between the rain/snow/hail and we had yummy cupcakes downtown. 

I've shown you lots of pictures from the hills around town, but today I wanted to share some from a particularly lovely day we had last month.  These are what I like to think of as "album cover shots" for Annaliese -- should she ever decide to become a rock musician.   This is lovely Trondheim -- Norway's third largest city (population ~180,000+3 blonde, crazy Americans) as it should be seen more often.  Yes, I offer  this to the weather gods in hopes that the future holds more album cover days. 




We went up in the tower on the right today, great view, and felt a little seasick as it slowly rotated



1 comment: